- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file, consisting of a string of information of letters and numbers, downloaded onto a device when a person accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a person’s device.
- HOW CAN A USER DISABLE OR BLOCK COOKIES?
You can also restrict or block cookies. Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their ‘settings’ preferences. Some features of the Website may not work if you completely disable cookies, but many types of cookies may be blocked without having an impact on the Website’s usability. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. We advise you to check the information in your browser’s help section for specific instructions on how to manage cookies.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
For general information about cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that this link is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and does not constitute an approval of any information or opinion by Munix. We bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external site or for of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers or questions regarding its content.
- WHY AND HOW ARE COOKIES USED BY MUNIX?
There are broadly four reasons why a cookie might be stored on your device when visiting the Website:
- cookies that make the Website work properly for you and enable you to browse the Website securely;
- cookies that collect data about your use of the Website which is used to help Munix to improve online products and/or services;
- cookies that remember your preferences and make the Website easier for you to use; and
- cookies that are placed by third-party services we make use of to enhance the information we present online. Munix has no control over these third-party cookies.
These cookies are placed on your device either by us or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the Website.
Some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit the Website, while others persist for a longer specified or unspecified period.
- HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
- WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED BY MUNIX?
We use several types of cookies. Some are essential, while others you can disable or block. Disabling or blocking some cookies may affect the functionality of the online products and/or services, and of the Website.
The below explanations should help you to make informed choices about the information you provide to us and any third parties when you visit the Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Although these cookies are non-essential to the use of the website, without these cookies, certain functionality like videos may become unavailable or you would be required to enter your login details every time you visit the website as we would not be able to remember that you had logged in previously.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Marketing cookies. Both our advertising partners and we use marketing cookies to deliver personalized and targeted advertising to you. These account-based marketing cookies enable us to identify future prospects and personalize sales and marketing interactions with them.
- Social media cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or ‚Äúlike‚Äù button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this. These cookies may also include certain code that has been placed on the platform to help track conversions from ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to qualified users who have already taken certain action on the platform.
- Third-party cookies. Some cookies that have been set on our website are not set on a first-party basis by Munix. The Websites can be embedded with content from third parties to serve to advertise. These third-party service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. Third party service providers control many of the performance and functionality, advertising, marketing, and analytics cookies described above. We do not control the use of these third-party cookies as cookies can only be accessed by the third party that originally set them.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below: